Exodus 3:10-12a – “So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt.” But Moses said to God “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?” And God said, “I will be with you”
Who am I?
If you’ve ever been asked to do something that seems way too big and out of your comfort zone, you may have looked at yourself and asked Why me? Who am I? Sometimes God asks us to do big things. And, as in Moses’ case, He can even ask us to do things that are, in fact, impossible. He tells Moses up front that sending him to Pharaoh will not work.
Is there anything that God has asked you to do that you also know is impossible? Work goals, personal goals, fitness goals. Or you could be facing a circumstance in your life that seems impossible to overcome. Fear, anxiety, panic attacks, grief and loss, chronic health issues, addictions, or getting along with someone you don’t like and loving someone you can’t stand.
I love what Steven Furtik of Elevation Church says on this topic:
“Why would God tell me to do something and in the next breath inform me that it won’t work? Because it had to be hard. If it wasn’t hard, you would think it was you. If it wasn’t hard, you would trust in yourself, and yourself is not an adequate support system for the glory of God. So [God allows] some things into your life that are impossible for you so that you can know … that nothing shall be impossible for God.”
So, it’s impossible. What now?
In our weakness God makes us strong. (2 Corinthians 12:9) If you need some practical tips on how to let God overcome your impossible thing, here’s a good place to start. This list will help you build a foundation from which you can learn to trust God, lean on Him, and allow Him to do impossible things through you.
- Accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. If you’ve heard someone say this before and have no idea what it means, you can read more about what this is and how to do it here – How to Know Jesus.
- Find a church to plant yourself into. Jesus is the author of connection, you cannot experience all that God has for you in isolation!
- Set aside time each day to read your Bible. The Bible is living and active, and if you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you have the Holy Spirit living inside of you. Ask him to make the Bible come to life.
- Apply Biblical truths to your life. Don’t just read about them, do them.
- Pray! Talk to God all the time, he is listening, even if all you can get out of your mouth is “Help!”
If you are in Boise and need help finding a church, please connect with me on the Contact page and let me know, I would love to help!
Now on to the henna design!
This design illustrates the story of Moses being asked by God to do the impossible. It pictures the impossible, the barrier that you cannot get through yourself, and the strong arm of God breaking through it.
If you want this design on your hand then you can schedule a Coffee Shop Henna appointment!Download the free PDF of this design here!